Some recent achievements of our organisation include:
- Setting up the Bush Fire Case Management Team in partnership with Castlemaine and District Community Health. This service offered a flexible and timely response to individuals and families affected by the Redesdale fires in February 2009.
- Cobaw's Family Services Team facilitates a Parent-Child Mother Goose Program in local communities. This project uses story, songs and rhymes to support the healthy development of children and has been well received by local families.
- Our successful programs Tuning into Kids and Woodworking for Dad's & Kids contunue to support local families to build strong relationships skills.
- Cobaw proudly supports local youths as a facilitoator of the Vic Roads L to P Learner Driver Mentor Program.
- Our organisation is endeavouring to reduce carbon emissions. The first step has been to downsize our car fleet to smaller, more efficient vehicles. We have also recently introduced three bicycles to the fleet for use when staff are working within the Kyneton and Woodend townships.
- Cobaw Community Health is proud to be the recipient of the National Drug and Alcohol Award for Excellence for YouthInc - the under-age alcohol diversion program. Our Strengthening Families Project was also a shortlisted finalist for the Early Childhood Awards in 2008.